Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Huh!




I got an unexpected phone call from an old classmate yesterday, the last time I saw him was in 2006. So he called me from the blues and the first question he asked was "where do you work?"... after I answered his tone changed immediately and he started reeling out his success story... " I am a director in my fathers company, my father owns a marine company"... OK  I thought... While I was trying to understand the objective of the call he popped " are you in a relationship now?" ... ' oh yes, I'm married' I blurted. There was a brief pause, then his tone dropped hard, like he just received bad news. He hurriedly dropped the call.

At first I thought he called me to make himself feel good about himself, hoping that I will sound as though I haven't made any progress in the past seven years, so I giggled and shrugged off the event. Later in the evening I thought to myself that maybe I judged too quickly... Another missed opportunity to share the gospel...  

No comments:

Post a Comment